Sunday, July 22, 2018

Titlewave: Classroom Library Help is Here

I'm a librarian, so I've been living on Titlewave for more than 10 years now. I've tried their competitor products at Permabound, Children's Press, etc. but Titlewave is by far the best (also the biggest). Follett is to libraries what Amazon is to the public, and as I was making a book list for Claire and Julie about books I'd rec for classroom libraries, I thought... teachers should know about this too.
So... the webpage isn't all that complex. It's a place librarians shop for books, and yes publishers pay to have their books featured in the Titlewave "featured" area but that doesn't mean those books aren't good. Same way we all use Scholastic because it's the behemoth that caters to classrooms but it doesn't mean their books are bad. Titlewave will help you with the Scholastic blinders, and it will help you find books by series, academics, level, referral, AND show you the reviews that librarians rely on when ordering--by fellow librarians. This website lets you look for books and gather them into a "list" and share that list with other Titlewave users if needed. You can build a list and share it with your dept or co-teacher, but they'd need a titlewave account to get it, it's not a webpage in and of itself. That's it, really, nothing fancy, just a good non-Amazon, non-Scholastic place to shop for books...so watch this video!

5 comments:

  1. Love the $ totals of your lists! Go big or go home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well there's 2 problems... 1 is I love books. This is expensive.
    The other is the list rolls over from year to year. So titlewave lets you make a new list based on what was not filled on a "do not exceed" list. So if I make a list for 20k and have a 10k purchase order, then 10k rolls over, and the next year I discover 10k worth of books I want... and you see the problem, lol. It builds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele

    I made a list of graphic novels for 5th grade book clubs. Thanks for the refresher!!
    claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tool!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete